PA Coronavirus Small
Together with the Northside Community Development Fund
Business Assistance Program
Page Last Updated: July 15, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
The first round of the PA Coronavirus Small Business Assistance Program has CLOSED.
Applications received by the July 14 deadline are currently under review. We anticipate that applicants will receive notice no later than August 10 on the status of their application, whether it is approved in the first round, carried over to future rounds for consideration or declined.
The second application window is expected to open in August. An email will be sent out announcing when the next application window is open.
The PA Coronavirus Small Business Assistance Program application website will be unavailable for several days for updates that will make applying even more convenient. Be sure to check back soon for more information on the updated application and additional rounds of funding.
The Northside Community Development Fund is one of the 17 CDFIs that make up the PA CDFI Network and will be administering the $225M Coronavirus Small Business Assistance Program recently announced by Governor Wolf.
Learn why you should apply through our website and select us as your CDFI of choice on the application below.
We will keep small businesses up to date by:
- Updating this page with information as soon as it is received from the government
- Sending relevant information directly to your email based upon your business when you fill out the form below
Have questions? That’s what we’re here for. We are ready to help you with this grant this and any other business assistance, please call 412-322-0290.
If you’d like to download all of the information on this page, please click here.
Why select Northside Community Development Fund as your CDFI of choice?
Our unique approach means we support businesses not just as lenders, but as advisors who help from the application process all the way through ensuring the grant money received is utilized in the best way possible. Our service area for the PA Coronavirus Small Business Assistance Program encompasses businesses within Allegheny, Beaver, Greene, Lawrence and Washington County.
You can read about our success stories here. However, we are eager to work together to write one of your own.
Is my business eligible?
Your business is eligible if it:
- Is physically located, certified to do business, and generate at least 51% of its revenues in Pennsylvania;
- Has annual revenue of $1 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19; and
- Has 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees prior to February 15, 2020.
In addition, the program will give additional consideration to the following factors: women-owned businesses, communities targeted for business investment by state government programs like Main Street and Elm Street, and rural communities.
At least 50% of the grants to small businesses will be awarded to Historically Disadvantaged businesses. Historically Disadvantaged businesses are at least 51% owned and operated by persons who are Black, Hispanic, Native American, Asian American, or Pacific Islander because they have traditionally been discriminated against and disadvantaged when seeking financial services and financial products.
At a minimum, the following entities are ineligible for grant funding under this program:
- Businesses that are not physically based in Pennsylvania
- Businesses that are in active default (not on a payment plan) with taxes or fees owed to the Commonwealth or IRS
- Non-Profits, Churches and other religious institutions
- Government-owned entities or elected official offices
- Businesses experienced NO revenue loss and additional cost due to COVID-19
Other ineligible businesses will be specified at a later date.
How can my business apply for this grant?
The application window for the first round of funding is now closed. Additional rounds will be announced soon.
If you have already applied, please DO NOT submit more than one application. Submitting multiple applications will delay processing and will reduce your chance of approval in this round.
Once the next round is open and you are ready to apply, ensure you select The Northside Community Development Fund as your CDFI of choice on the application so we can help you through the process.
If you need help with your application, we will have application assistance sites set up in Allegheny, Beaver, Greene, Lawrence and Washington counties to assist you with whatever you need.
For assistance, while you’re getting ready to apply, call 412-322-0290.
For assistance with the application, you can download this document. If you are still having problems, please call 866-898-3805.
What documents will I need to apply?
At a minimum, the following list of items will be needed to apply. Additional items may be specified later:
- Government Issued Photo ID such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- Business financial information:
- Revenue from March 1st to May 31st for 2019 and 2020
- Most recently submitted Federal Tax Return. 2018 or 2019 business and personal tax returns including Schedule C.
- If startup between January 1-February 15, 2020, Internal Profit & Loss Statement
- Proof of Business Registration with PA Department of State, as applicable:
- Articles of Incorporation (for corporations and LLCs); or
- Fictitious Name Registration/“Doing Business As” (Sole Proprietors); or
- Business License (if applicable).
- Bank Account Information
How will funds be distributed?
This program will ensure that grant funds are awarded to small business located across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Funds will be distributed as follows:
- $100 million is slated to help historically disadvantaged business owners.
- $100 million is slated to help “main street” businesses.
- $25 million is slated for the Loan Payment Deferment and Loss Reserve Program which will allow CDFIs to offer forbearance to existing portfolio businesses struggling with the impact of COVID-19 and to shore up their loan loss reserves.
The amount of grant funding ranges from $5,000 to $50,000. Businesses are eligible based on their annual revenues as documented in their most recent tax return:
|Eligible Businesses||Amount Available Per Business|
|Annual revenue up to $50,000||$5,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $50,001 – $75,000||$10,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $75,001 – $100,000||$15,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $100,001 – $250,000||$20,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $250,001 – $500,000||$25,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $500,001 – $750,000||$35,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $750,001 – $850,000||$40,000 grant|
|Annual revenue $850,001 – $1,000,000||$50,000 grant|
Stay Up to Date with Information for Your Business
Get in Touch
922 Middle Street,
Pittsburgh, PA 15212